Renting out your campervan is an easy thing to do, and with SHAREaCAMPER’s insurance and know-how, camper rental has never been so simple! Make some extra cash with ease and security by renting out your vehicle, and we think you’ll get a kick out of getting to know your international guests and new friends.
But before your campervan’s big trip, there are a few important things to check for the safety of your vehicle and the safety of your campers. In the weeks before your next rental, get ready to go with this comprehensive checklist.
Keeping your registration and certificates up-to-date is always a good idea when making your camper available for rent, especially if a short-notice booking comes up. Make sure to keep an eye on these documents to make sure they are valid during all rental periods. A new booking is always a good time to refresh your memory on what these dates are. Keep the following documentation on file for pre-trip reviewal:
- Certificate / Warrant of Fitness (if applicable)
- Self-Containment Certification
Beyond the regular maintenance that you keep on your vehicle, make sure all systems are go for your vehicle’s rental. Take it out for a quick test-spin if it’s been awhile, or even on one-night getaway if you have the time. That way, any little change that has taken place since your last trip can be recognised and properly sorted. Here are some basics to check:
- Wiper blades are in good condition.
- Engine oil is checked and in good standing.
- Cylinders are ready to go with proper amount of gas.
- Make sure no pests are making a home in the air vents or around the gas regulator.
- Look over the tyres to make sure they are in good condition and properly inflated.
- Check the batteries in the smoke alarm and do a general maintenance check on the house batteries.
- Flush out the water in your water tanks and refill.
- Make sure your vehicle is equipped with a spare wheel and toolkit just in case of a flat tire.
Think back on the time when you first stepped into your campervan. Chances are it was winning your heart with a shiny exterior and a tidy inside. Recreate that feeling for your guests by thoroughly cleaning your vehicle and making sure everything is in place (and every bit of clutter is out). This checklist is a great place to start:
- The pantry is neat and tidy.
- Linens are washed and prepped.
- Clutter is removed from the living and driving space.
- Floors are clean and in good condition.
- Exterior is washed (and extra points for a polish!).
- A small amount of cleaning supplies is provided for the campers to use while on their trip.
SHAREaCAMPER Pro Tip:
Make a manual for your guests so that they know what to do in your campervan in any tricky situation. Does your vehicle do well on unsealed roads? Is there a funny trick to make the coffee machine work? Do you want to share any favourite local spots? Include all of these things and more in your manual.
It’s best to laminate the manual for durability so that it can last through many rentals. Make sure that your guests are aware of this handy guide before they head out on their trip!